|How we can HELP YOU our Firm’s Experience areas:|
Offices Located In
406 N. Grant St.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1020 Lomas Blvd., NW
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1591 E. Lohman
Hobbs, New Mexico
1515 W. Calle Sur St., Suite 101
Our New Mexico offices are in MST and our Texas offices are in CST.
Slip and Fall
- Over 19,000 people died from fall related incident in 2005. National Safety Council: http://www.nsc.org/research/odds.aspx
- More than 50 per cent of all falls are caused by a slippery walking surface… Roderick, Larry M., Ph.D., P.E., "Slips, Trips & Falls" (publication date unknown): www.nsc.org
- The National Safety Council has verified that the major cause of accidental deaths and injuries in America's buildings are slip and fall accidents. National Safety Council: http://www.nsc.org/research/odds
Slip and Fall Causes Spinal Injury:
Our client worked at a supermarket as a baker. While on duty, the client needed to retrieve additional supplies from the storage room in the back warehouse. As the client was walking on the main isle, he suddenly slipped and fell to the ground. Our client was unaware that the floor was wet, as he did not see any warning signs, mop buckets, or receive a verbal warning that the floor was wet. Additionally, after the fall, the client's manager verbally reprimanded another employee for not placing warning signs on the floor, as requested a short while before our client's fall. Our client suffered a serious injury to his spinal column and lower back, which required multiple surgeries and eventually the implantation of an electronic stimulator in his back. Unfortunately, our client's life had been forever changed due to the supermarket's failure to give any kind of warning of the wet floor. In the end, we settled the case for the maximum amount of the insurance policy limits for responsible parties, which totaled $1 million dollars.
Generally, an owner and/or operator of business has a responsibility to keep the premises free from dangers which could cause injury to others, including employees. Slip-and-fall injuries can range from sprain/strain of muscles to serious bone fractures or spinal cord injuries resulting in extensive medical bills, loss of wages, temporary or permanent disability, and pain and suffering. If a fall occurs in a public place, such as a grocery store, restaurant, or any other business, several different parties could be at fault. Our law firm has experience in successfully representing clients who have been injured in a slip-and-fall incident.
- Over 17,000 people are injured in this country from elevator related incidents. See http://www.elcosh.org/docs/d0300/d000397/d000397.html#26: "Deaths and Injuries Involving Elevators and Escalators" - A Report of CPWR – Center for Construction Research and Training (Revised July 2006)
- A federal study showed at least 27 people were killed in incidents involving elevators from 1992-1998. www.cpwr.com/publications/elevatorreport.PDF: Deaths and Injuries Involving Elevators and Escalators" - A Report of CPWR based on US Bureau of Labor Statistics data.
|Some of our
GET HELP NOW
Submit the form below for a fast and free case evaluation.